View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014   #43
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are we rebuilding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
Some of you pessimistic people make me laugh. So far, they let go of Mitchell, Sharpton, Daniels, Smith, McCain. They got rid of more negatives than positives, as Sharpton, McCain, and Mitchell were all useless. Smith can be replaced, as can Daniels, he is no longer the pro bowl TE we all once knew. It was time for younger talent, and they need to be able to draft instead of going out and make a signing they probably will regret (See. Ed Reed. )
Itīs not about the players we cut - I can live with every cut. And its not about us not signing Peppers or Ware. Itīs about us cutting starters and not signing anybody.

We can`t fill all these holes in the draft. Not even close. We can count on 2-3 starters. 5 if weīre lucky. How many do we need? Iīd say about 10. I am not saying we should`ve signed 7 guys. I am saying we shouldīve tried to get some players that just got out of their rookie contract - players that still have 5 good years left in them. Not 7, but perhaps 2-3, just to make the draft easier and to minimize the holes we have.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote