View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014   #335
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Potential Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Steve Smith just went for 3 years $10.5 to the Ravens. $3.5 mil/yr.

I wasn't too far at $4.
Some guy at NFL.com says it's 12m total with 3.5m signing bonus.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ee-to-contract

Yahoo said it was 11.5m total, Twitter said 10.5m when it was announced. I guess we shall have to wait and see what the actual number is, but 4m seems to be about right. I think it will end up being higher once the full numbers are released, because it will likely be a 2 year deal close to 9m in total cost.

In any case, I don't think he would have accepted the same offer from the Texans. We are not an enticing destination for a guy on the last year or two of his career. Steve Smith wants a ring, and Baltimore is probably a good place to go for him.