View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014   #902
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37668 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I think a trade is entirely possible.

Say you trade back to 4 or even 6 , you are going to have one or more of the following to choose from -

Jadeveon Clowney

Greg Robinson

Jake Matthews

Blake Bortles

Teddy Bridgewater

Johnny Manziel

Sammy Watkins

Khalil Mack

Anthony Barr

Zack Martin

With all the need for QB's at the top even at 4/6 its quite possible you get the best prospect at his position .... and compensation for moving down. (I use QB#1-3 rather than actually rank them to avoid argument on that subject).

Scenario 1 - Trade w/ Cleveland

Cle - QB#1

Stl - Greg Robinson

Jaq's - QB#2

You are sitting @ #4 with Clowney , Mack , Barr , Watkins & one of the top 3 QB's.

Scenario 2 - Trade w/ Atlanta

Atl - Clowney

Stl - Robinson

Jaq's - QB1

Cleveland - QB#2

Oakland - QB#3

You are in good shape here too , tho you don't get a shot at a first round QB , there is loads of talent available , with the best player @ OLB , WR , CB & ILB still on the board along with multiple top tier OT prospects.

Earlier in the process , I would have wanted a kings ransom for the #1 overall , something like 4 , 26 , 68 + a future pick.

Now , after realizing what would be available to me , I'd still like that huge haul , but would settle for a bit less , maybe 4 & 26 or 4 , 35 & a future pick from Cleveland or something like 6 , 37 , 101 and a future pick from Atlanta.

None of those deals come close to what the Redskins gave to move up to #2 which was two #1's , a #2 and a future #1. to move 4(?) spots.

The only way someone will trade up with us is if a team absolutely falls in love with a player that they aren't sure will fall to them. But like everyone has been saying, there's no clear cut #1 in this draft. Is there a player in this draft that a team could possibly fall in love with? I don't know? Maybe Clowney if anyone.

What's Cleveland's incentive to move up? If they want a QB, they are already guaranteed one of the top 3 QB's (unless the Rams trade their pick to a QB needy team).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote