View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014   #265
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85909 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Cap space......and the rest of the League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I think part of the reason Denver wanted Talib is that it takes him away from the Patriots. It's not often that you can sign a key player from your biggest challenger. They did it last year with Welker too, and that was a huge loss for the Patriots. Had Revis been cut earlier in free agency, it might have played out differently.

I agree that Ware is a big risk, but I think they might put him on the weakside and let Von Miller be the SOLB. He might work out, but I agree it has a lot of bust potential.
Well that part didn't exactly work out for them then. NE avoids a long-term commitment to Talib and actually upgrades at the position with Revis. DEN gives a 6-year contract to Talib, who has really struggled with injuries recently. I'd say NE won that one.

I'm a big fan of Ward, but he has also struggled with injuries as well. If he's healthy though they are a lot better.

I actually like the Ware signing. He was injured last year, but he's been an ironman for most of his career. He should really help them up front.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote