View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014   #238
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 NFL Free Agent Tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
OKC and Miami to start, both were worse than the Yao/T-Mac rockets. dude in Indiana has been better w/o bunches of top 5 picks and silly FA signings.

And right now he can't trade either of those bad contracts (admit he was smart not trade them poorly).

I have gone through this before with other dudes, Morey has been one the best dudes in terms on advancing analytics and seemingly like a normal/good dude, but you can't be the best GM in the league w/o significant winning.

He has set -up the Rockets for the next few years, but they have no significant actual results under Morey. I am very willing to give him a few years to finish rounding out the depth, etc around howard/harden.

-----
Back to football,

The point was that the Rockets are not constructed like the original poster claimed. They have and except for two or three of years ALWAYS had a couple of big names (even if flawed like Yao/T-Mac). Morey does have questionable contracts to ok players.
I wouldn't put Miami up there, they are actually terrible at acquiring young talent. Look at their recent draft acquisitions. They got lucky that LeBron decided to join their team.

OKC, Indiana and Portland are the only other teams I would consider to be equal or better than Houston in regards to acquiring talent. So, that's top 4-5. I'd love an NFL GM that's considered top 5. That was my point.

Anyway back to football, I would be interested in Wilfork if I thought we'd actually be competitive. We aren't competitive though. All it takes is a glance at our 3-deep roster to see that we have very little talent.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote