View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014   #292
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Potential Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
As I said, a RT makes sense because we will have a new QB from the 2014 draft coming. We need to keep him protected and ensure we don't wind up with another David Carr. We should be focusing on how to make our new QB successful, so that we can build around him for the future. A TE makes sense too, but I see Graham has re-signed. Could still use another. Just build around that QB and worry about 2015.

The biggest turnaround in NFL history was the 1998 Rams who got Kurt Warner after going 4-12, and then won the 99 Super Bowl. No team who won less than 4 games the previous season has ever made it to the Super Bowl. I don't think the Texans are in position to change that stat, so let's be smart and build for the future.
Sounds good to me. I'm all about building around the QB, even though we don't know who that's going to be. Go overboard on the offensive line, I think, & we'll pick up those 3rd & shorts, 4th & 1s, & score in the red zone, that stopped us from winning most of Keenum's starts.

Let's get Robinson, then Yankey, then Niklas, QB, then Andre Williams...... & win the AFC South.