View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014   #887
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
By the numbers

Houston 1-1 3000

ATL 1-6 1600
ATL 2-37 530
2015 2nd 190
Total 2320

Throw in the 2015 1st (420) and then we can talk at 2740.

I'm an advocate of picking up future picks at the current market discount whenever possible. I expect the discount to fall in the future.

ps Future picks derived from the value of the 16th pick of the next lowest round of the current year for 2015, two rounds lower for 2016, three rounds lower for 2017, etc.

I agree that we should ask for the 2015 1st, but my gut tells me they would balk at that price. So, wouldn't it make more sense to take less than fair value (if it's the best offer you can get from them), if it helps you to fill more needs than standing pat & taking Clowney only? I realize that Clowney is a rare talent, but so are JJ/AJ & together they couldn't get us there.

My concern is just that the #1 overall pick rarely gets traded because of the perceived value. In the scenario I proposed, we still draft a stud OLB, trade one 2nd round pick for a starting QB & pick up an extra 2nd round pick for our troubles for just passing on Clowney. Maybe I'm wrong, but that seems to be good value to me.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote