View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014   #280
sandman
Veteran

Rep Power: 36157 sandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Potential Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
I have seen how it unfolds the past 8 years. 2 playoff appearances. That's it. That is poor to mediocre track record at best. I was thinking like y'all are here last offseason. I am not fooling myself again with this franchise.
I prefer to think that the one year where the clock struck midnight on Schaub and turned the whole season into a pumpkin is the outlier.

Capers/Casserly regime took this team from expansion to almost .500 in four years before their 2-14 season.

Smith/Kubiak regime takes this team back to .500 and on to division winner with playoff appearances before their 2-14 season.

In both cases, there was clear solid progression followed by one horrible season dictated in large part by awful QB play.

What exactly about the Smith/OB regime makes you think they won't get this team back to a division winner and on to a SB contender?
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote