View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014   #278
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27427 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Potential Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
They have to fill out the roster and it isn't going to all be through the draft. But I agree generally which is why I am suggesting guys who can be had cheap and on short term deals. Spikes is another one. I expect them to look at some of the non sexy but still upgrades at RT as well.
I'm sorry if I'm beating a dead horse here but, once Cassel resigned with the Vikings, RT should have gone to the top of our list of veteran FA's to sign. We should've been looking to sign one of the best young players available for that position, even if it cost the lions share of our FA cap money. There were several very good RT's available this year. Do we really won't to protect our franchise QB (once we find him) with a 2nd tier RT? Maybe I'm a simple minded man, but that seems to me to be the most obvious answer. Or, since he hasn't been waived, have the new coaches found the flaw in Newton's game & feel they can fix it? I just don't understand the front offices thinking.

Maybe I should just go & not come back until preseason.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote