View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014   #276
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Potential Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
What's the point in signing free agents if you aren't going to compete this year? The only people we have any business signing are offensive players to help protect our new QB. Get a RT for cheap once the first wave of free agents has passed, then look at a blocking TE for cheap, and a backup RB that can pass protect well.
I think it depends on what kind of window you're looking at. Signing Demarcus Ware for 3 years doesn't make sense for us, because most believe we won't be a Super Bowl contender for 3 or 4 years.

But if they can get a starting RT for $5M/yr for the next 4 or 5 years.... why not? Or even a smart ILB to play next to Cushing & provide a viable option if Cushing isn't who we need him to be.

I appear to be in the minority. My goal is to be the next 2-14 team to go 11-5. Our schedule favors it, not just the SOS, but the pedigree of the teams we'll be facing.

I know we've got holes all over the team & the biggest question mark at QB. But we're two years removed from scoring 26 ppg & last year we were still in the top 7 for yards gained. I believe we've got 3/5ths of our OL figured out, put some big bodies up there that can play & we've got a good shot at 30ppg.

Not easy to do, but I think we can make a good run at it & get into the play offs.