View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014   #274
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Potential Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I said nothing to indicate cheaper for us. I don't think either one is going to get an expensive contract from anyone. Steve Smith is about to be 35 and is going to get his 1st non #1 contract. Browner is 29 and coming off an eight game suspension. His market value will be well below his talent level. Spikes is a two down LB which isn't a problem for us if Cushing is healthy and is coming off attitude problem reports. He falls in the prove it category and would be a large upgrade for us.
You said "I am suggesting guys who can be had cheap and on short term deals." I'm saying I don't think SS or BB will be cheap for the Texans. We don't have much money to play with right now, and I doubt Steve Smith will come here unless we are the highest bidder. I think Smith will get an offer of about 5m APY for a couple years from a contender. I don't think he would choose the Texans unless we make a much higher offer in the 7m+ range.

Browner might come here if the Texans are interested, but I highly doubt that he passes McNair's character test. New regime though, so who knows. I'd like to have him for sure.

Spikes is definitely an option because he's in our price range. He will probably get some offers for 1.5 - 2m APY, and that's the kind of money we can spend.