View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014   #271
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Potential Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
You think Steve Smith and Brandon Browner will be cheap for us? I don't. I could see either of them taking a bit less money to be on a team like NE, Denver or SF because they want to be on a contender. But if they are coming to Houston, they are coming because we bid the highest. We might be able to snag some "prove-it" 1 year guys, but they won't be much of a factor given our outlook.
I said nothing to indicate cheaper for us. I don't think either one is going to get an expensive contract from anyone. Steve Smith is about to be 35 and is going to get his 1st non #1 contract. Browner is 29 and coming off an eight game suspension. His market value will be well below his talent level. Spikes is a two down LB which isn't a problem for us if Cushing is healthy and is coming off attitude problem reports. He falls in the prove it category and would be a large upgrade for us.