Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014   #2725
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
IMO his comparison is strictly based on his doubts that Manziel's ability to make the type of plays he made in college with his feet will transfer over to the NFL and has nothing to do with comparing their throwing ability. If that's the case then it's a fair comparison if you have the doubts Moon does. Since Manziel is undersized he needs to run a much better time at his pro day.
That is the way I took it. Purely doubts about translation to the NFL with concerns for same possible outcome not a comparison of all the characteristics of their play.

Which gets me to a pet peeve. I hate that so many people think simply putting two names in the same sentence is a comparison of every aspect of the two. If I say Manning's first two years he had INT problems just like Carr (random choice, not an actual assertion) I don't mean anything beyond exactly that one point of comparison. I hate inane responses like "oh sure so Carr is a hall of famer now."