Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014   #2724
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
It's not like Warren Moon demonstrated himself to be a great passer at the college level. He played in the system he was in to the best of his ability.

At the collegiate level, his offense was based on running the ball... including from the QB position. At the pro level, at least with the Oilers, he was in a "gimmick" passing offense... not saying he was a product of the system.

I can't think of any other QB that did as much of a 180 from his college career to his pro career as Warren Moon. So, to me anyway, I find it odd that Moon would say Manziel is the next Tebow.
IMO his comparison is strictly based on his doubts that Manziel's ability to make the type of plays he made in college with his feet will transfer over to the NFL and has nothing to do with comparing their throwing ability. If that's the case then it's a fair comparison if you have the doubts Moon does. Since Manziel is undersized he needs to run a much better time at his pro day.