View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014   #869
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235719 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I hear what you're saying but a major part of a GM's job this time of year is to know which guys the other teams are likely to take...
Over 20 different GMs/scouts told Greg Cosell on the night before the 2013 Draft that Geno Smith would be a top 10 pick. They don't know.

Quote:
The other guys have seen Crennel's defenses and when they try to match what he's historically asked of his DE, Clowney doesn't really fit.
The conversation amongst teams during the Combine was the exact opposte: http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...44#post2309844

Quote:
...do I stand pat and call their (the Texans') bluff; knowing that if I'm wrong, Dee Ford is still out there and he ain't a bad consolation prize.
Everything is for sale... at a price. Texans can be set to take Clowney at 1-1 and still sell that pick to add 2/3 extra players high in this deep draft. I loves me some Dee Ford, but he did have back surgery in 2011. Tradeoffs, risks.

And nobody's going to be tricked into revealing who they will select -- isn't any organization's first rodeo. The discussion is limited to picks. I've got #1, what are you offering.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote