View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014   #865
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Nothing coming out of the Texans organization one way or the other on this. Even McClain admitted on the radio yesterday that he had no idea -- that his declarations have all been based on the assumption that the fanbase would riot if they don't select a QB at 1-1.

Different from your presupposition, but...

The alleged script is: 1) The only player teams would trade up to 1-1 for is Jadeveon Clowney, 2) Keeping Schaub as the better veteran QB than any options out there, 3) Maintains the plausibility that Texans will select Clowney at 1-1 to 4) Force the GM lusting after Clowney to trade with us if he wants to ensure getting Clowney.

Our goal being to trade down, add picks... would be kind of a crappy thing to do to Schaub, dump him after teams have set their QB rosters, but it is a business. That's what I'm seeing as why. YMMV
I hear what you're saying but a major part of a GM's job this time of year is to know which guys the other teams are likely to take. The other guys have seen Crennel's defenses and when they try to match what he's historically asked of his DE, Clowney doesn't really fit. So if I'm team X's GM thinking about moving up to grab Clowney do I really believe that Clowney goes to the Texans at 1-1 if I don't trade up or do I stand pat and call their (the Texans') bluff; knowing that if I'm wrong, Dee Ford is still out there and he ain't a bad consolation prize.

Last edited by ObsiWan; 03-12-2014 at 10:48 PM.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote