Thread: Babin.......
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2004   #13
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

His biggest problem right now is that he needs to shed much quicker. I agree with BuffS, when Babs engages too close to the body he gets squashed like a bug. I've seen Wade do it to him in practice numerous times. That should improve with refinement of technique and possibly even a little more upper body conditioning. One thing that I have noticed is that he is really fast in lateral pursuit but he hasn't done anything yet that made me say "wow" (like Dunta has) nor do I consider him "explosive" and you typically don't become explosive. That's one of those things you either have or you don't. He more of a fluid guy who will have to rely on technique quite a bit. ... but yes, it's early.

Regarding his demeanor, I have noticed the passive body language in camp. He doesn't appear to be a fiery guy but I'm sure he's overwhelmed at the moment and the deer in the headlights look will probably be there for a while. He looks like a typical rook who will make a few plays but also blow a few.

Last edited by aj.; 08-22-2004 at 07:28 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote