View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014   #199
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 NFL Free Agent Tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Well ESPN says Ware will get 13 million this season, 7 next, and I would assume 10 the last year of the contract. I dont see any signing bonus numbers. So it seems pretty straight forward.

So with the Broncos estimated cap availability of 15 million (per Dutch) I am not sure how they are going to get Ward and Talib under the cap without restructuring Manning and maybe some others.

Edit: Spotrac shows them 24 million under the cap.
Look for Clady as a cut/restructure. He is in the 2nd year of his contract with an $8.6 mil cap hit but his signing bonus was only $3 mil so they can clear $6.2 in space by dumping him. Or they can convert most of his 2014 salary to bonus and reduce his cap hit to about $3.4.

Welker is on the last year of his contract so they are stuck unless they extend him. Cutting would clear $6 mil but they are already losing Decker.

Vasquez doesn't save anything to cut.

Von Miller is on the last year of his rookie deal so they would need a big resigning for him.

Demaryus Thomas is in the same boat as Miller.

Manning they could convert salary to bonus and clear about $10 mil. That's major kicking the can and would make his cap next year go to $27 mil.

That's their top 6 guys.

Tamme and Dreesen if cut would clear about $3 mil and $2.5 mil.