View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014   #193
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: 2014 NFL Free Agent Tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Beats me, but we should look at trading Rick Smith for one of Denver's guys...

If the cap is 132 million this year, that would give them about 15 million in free space, plus any carryover from the previous year.

They signed TJ Ward for 5.5m per year, Talib for about 9m a year, and Ware for 10m a year. So yeah, I have no idea where all that money is coming from.
If they use the same front loaded contracts everyone else uses, 4 contracts that average $4M cap hits for 2014, they can sign about 4 impact players.

Tj Ward probably has a $1M cap hit, Ware & Talib probably $5M each.

$1M+$5M+$5M=$11M leaving them another contract similar to Tj Ward's, maybe two (depending on how far off my assumptions are) to give out before restructuring or cutting other players.