View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014   #849
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27427 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

All right! I believe we dodged a bullet there. Thank you Tampa Bay. You just saved us from "Ed Reed part 2".

In my opinion, our #1 priority should be to sign a starting RT in free agency. No matter who we trot out as our starting QB next year we have to be able to keep them up right to do their job. The sad part is I haven't seen the Texans being listed as interested in any of them. Instead, we were bringing in a one year wonder to look at. As a fan, I do not understand this front office's thinking.

As for acquiring Mallett, I liked the guy coming out of college & now that he seems to have gotten his life in order the last 3 years, I really like the idea of trading for him. But, we have to get a starting RT in free agency. That will open up so many opportunities for us in the draft to load up on defense.

The way I see it, all we have to do is trade down with Atlanta (assuming they still want Clowney). I read somewhere that Atlanta might offer their 1st (#6), 2nd (#37) & a 2015 2nd to move up to #2 if Clowney is still on the board. Why can't the Texans take the same deal? I know it's less than the alleged "fair value", but it would fill our needs better than just sitting at #1 & taking Clowney.

The deal could be done prior to the draft & if it went down something like that, we could take Kalil Mack at #6 & send pick #37 to New England for Mallett. The net result is we still get a starting OLB, a starting QB, keep all of our current draft picks & pick up an extra 2nd round pick for next year. What would be wrong with that deal?

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote