Thread: Babin.......
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2004   #12
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittbull
It's early folks, but this kid looks lost. You should see it on TiVo! Slow motion. His foot quickness is not as advertised and the speed of the NFL game looks to really be taking him by surprise. Not only that, he's playing as if the last play is still on his mind, and he has to let it go. He's not losing the starting job with the pick invested in him, so just go out there 110%, and get after the QB kid! Otherwise, you'll be looking to survive in the league, long enough to make the minimum years to receive NFL pension!
As far as Babin's demeanor goes he does not seem to be the fiery, intense type of competitor I expected. I don't know if that's because he is tentative, even overwhelmed by the speed and complexity of the NFL game or if it's more a case of him pacing himself until he's more comfortable, more sure-footed and then is ready to turn it up a notch. Hope it's the latter.
As far as his physical abilities go I think his outside pass rush is fairly impressive - he's real quick and we saw his spin move last week, but I'm concerned about his ability to handle the TE and tackle blocking him head up
on rushing plays, this has gota make the strong side OLB tougher to play than weakside.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote