View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014   #845
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
Aren't the $10M guaranteed anyways?

so it's the difference between paying him 10$ for not occupy a spot on the 53 roster or giving him $13.625 for staying on the roster

unless I got it wrong
No.

There are two different $10 mils getting confused here and one is a $10.5 mil.

There is $10.5 for money which has already been paid to Schaub which has not yet appeared on the cap. It must appear at some point. So if he is cut (non-June 1st) it will appear on the 2014 cap as $10.5 dead money.

If he stays, he is owed payment of $10 mil for this year which he hasn't been paid yet, but only one third of the dead money would go on the cap this year - $3.5 mil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
who can schaub mentor is my first question. he's done his time with keenum and yates. a "new vet" wont need a lot of schaub. a rookie i'd assume o'brien would want to be tutored without the previous school introducing any contrary style/opinions. to that i ask, why would o'brien want schaub as a mentor?
Well I would assume if the Texans choose to keep him they do not agree with your assumption and believe he would be a good mentor and would help a rookie pick up the new pro system faster.

Quote:
it would be as a very expensive late season backup.
I think it would be more early season starter so they do not feel forced to start a rookie just like the deals the Jags just made with Henne and the Vikings with Cassel.