View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014   #844
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 108211 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
He can mentor a hell of a lot better than either of them. That is something McNair mentioned when talking QBs - that they wanted a vet even if they drafted a QB 1.1.

Look, I don't want them to keep Schaub but it isn't unreasonable from the Texans' perspective (other than fan considerations).
who can schaub mentor is my first question. he's done his time with keenum and yates. a "new vet" wont need a lot of schaub. a rookie i'd assume o'brien would want to be tutored without the previous school introducing any contrary style/opinions. to that i ask, why would o'brien want schaub as a mentor?

i would absolutely love schaub as a backup. he's still a very very good quarterback. top 15 if healthy, but the foot is degenerative and as a starter would be ugly in the back half of the season, if the individual/team pressure as well as fan pressure allowed him that far. i want to keep him, but i dont see it as a mentor, it would be as a very expensive late season backup.