View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014   #62
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 41193 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 6th round Ryan Griffin TE Uconn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Stress fractures of nonweight-bearing bones such as the fibula are commonly treated nonsurgically. Stress fractures of the foot can and are many times treated conservatively........if you an accountant. Stress fractures of the foot in athletes.......especially BIG athletes are virtually always treated surgically to avoid the high complication/non healing/recurrence/progression to future overt fracture rate.
I yield to your knowledge.

I do wonder if surgery in athletes might not be overdone though. While not an accountant, my son did well as a 6'7" 320 lb. guy on his feet a lot without surgery. But perhaps it was a minor bone in the foot as opposed to a more significant one.
Marshall is online now   Reply With Quote