View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014   #832
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I wonder if Rick offered to swap 2014 2nds and offered up a conditional 2015 3rd if that would get the deal done.

The thing is in my mind Mallett is worth a mid 2nd rder. Wonder if Rick could trade 3-1 and a 5th to move up to the mid 2nd and trade for Mallett. This trade is going to probably have to wait because of these kinds of scenarios. A trade down to pick up a mid 2nd and a 4th to get Mallett is also a possibility. However all of this will go down on the night between day 1 and day 2 of the draft.
There is a report something along the lines of the Pats saying 2.1 and us saying 3.1 + something was the current stage.

I see no reason to connect this to draft day trades. I don't think many GMs would risk losing a trade for a QB they wanted waiting on making a 1.1 trade happen. That sounds pure fan to me. I certainly hope Smith is haggling for the best deal he can get but getting caught up in 2.1 v. 2.15 for a guy you hope will lead your team for the next decade would be foolishness IMO. That's a general comment, not a Mallett comment.