View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014   #829
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Who needs a guy like Mallett more? The team with Tom Brady or the team with Matt Schaub and Case Keenum?

We have more to gain from acquiring him than they stand to lose from letting him walk, which they know. Plus they likely get a comp pick if he leaves as a FA next year, because on the open market he will get a pretty decent deal, whether he deserves it or not. So yes, they have the leverage. And any trade would likely cost us at least our #33.
At least #33? IŽd say NE would do that trade in a heartbeat. Mallet has potential - yes. And he has been sitting and learning behind Brady, yes. But there is a reason he fell to the 3d round. And unlike a draft pick, Mallet won`t be a cheap QB for long.

I am not against us trading for him - especially because Bob knows him. But I am against overpaying for him. I don`t think his marketvalue is that high, at least I haven`t seen any other team having any interest in getting him. We can still draft a QB with our first pick or the 33d. That QB will be cheap on the book for a couple of years and also have potential.

So IŽd say, give the #33 at most - even then IŽd like to get a 5th rounder back. And I am not so sure if our 3d rounder shouldn`t be able to do the trick as well. Mallet hasn`t had the ability to show anything so far...
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote