View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014   #825
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 71957 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Who needs a guy like Mallett more? The team with Tom Brady or the team with Matt Schaub and Case Keenum?

We have more to gain from acquiring him than they stand to lose from letting him walk, which they know. Plus they likely get a comp pick if he leaves as a FA next year, because on the open market he will get a pretty decent deal, whether he deserves it or not. So yes, they have the leverage. And any trade would likely cost us at least our #33.
Thanks for the response. I forgot about the comp pick, but I'm not sure it would be much without playing time or salary. It's still bluster to say NE has all the leverage though. No one gets more than a one year wonder from NE.

By the numbers (which have been thoroughly discredited, but not replaced with a better substitute despite failed attempts).

2011 #74 220 points
2014 #33 580 points

Now deduct for a one year vs four year stint and very little playing time in three years. I just don't see the value.

2014 #65 (265 points) which is essentially a 2nd round pick in many other years should be more than enough. Otherwise, I'd pass.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote