View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014   #811
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51147 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I was never a fan of Mallett. Another in a long line of QB prospects who was overrated due to their size and arm strength.

I do admit that there are things to like about Mallett. But for me, the negatives always outweighed the positives. The biggest negative being that he was a consistent failure in the 4th quarter of games, which I documented in a post a couple of months ago when this idea first came up.

I also said at that time that it would take at least our #33 to get him, when many were thinking he could be had for our #65. NE has all the leverage in a deal like this, which I don't like. If O'Brien signs off on this then obviously I'm on board, but IMO Mallett is not a long term answer. And a trade like this would require a long term commitment, much like the Schaub trade did.

Mallett would be the best QB on this roster next year if we make no other changes, but he would just be the best of a bad group. Again, in my opinion. I see a potential franchise QB (yes, Bridgewater) at #1 who would be better in year 1 and better moving forward. That's what I'd do.
I disagree. The Patriots have no leverage unless another team is bidding him up. They lose Mallet for nothing next year. I understand them trying to act like they have the leverage, but it's all bluff.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote