View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014   #795
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
For those having any interest in McClown because of his brief run last season, I would caution with this:

160 comp. 250 att. 64% comp. 8.65 ypa 2162 yds 270 ypg 9 TDs 5 INTs and 95.1 QB rating.

That was David Carr for the first 8 games of 2004. Players hit hot and cold streaks which do not reflect their normal play. With their hot streaks Carr is a 75.9 rating QB and McCown is a 77.5 QB rating QB.
Another thing people don't realize is that Trestman's system is incredibly QB friendly, almost the opposite of O'Brien's. His system requires very few reads and short to intermediate passes where the receiver gobbles up yardage after the catch. Now, McCown did have some big downfield plays over his 5 game stint, but the credit had to go to Alshon Jefferey who was playing out of his mind at the time and catching everything that came his way. I watched all the games McCown started last year and the only one where he really impressed me was the primetime game against the Cowboys...and even in that game I remember him making some awful throws that should have been intercepted but weren't because it was the freakin' cowgirls.

McCown is not a good quarterback and should not be signed for anything other than a dedicated backup role like he had in Chicago.
matts290 is offline   Reply With Quote