View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014   #786
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 22499 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
Yeah, but we're talking about a system, not the system O'Brian is going to run. Frankly, we don't know what system OB is going to run, just as much as most of us hope that Crennel will finesse his two-gap 3-4 system to utilize a talent like Watt, the same way we're hoping OB doesn't run a somewhat vanilla system like he ran at Penn State. It's pretty close to obvious that OB would open up his Penn State profile to NFL standards, but to assume we're going to be the Petite Patriots is a little of a stretch at the moment.
Totally agree, and that's why OB is (should be?) evaluating if the time spent learning a different system made that prospect better than another prospect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
About trust, though, I'm not sure how much fan trust is going to have any bearing on what the FO sees in O'Brian, any more than what we say or do has an affect on what happens on the field.
What I ment was that we shouldnt hope for the FO to fire OB at the first negative result. However I think even fans have some importance.

If fans didn't count for anything you wouldn't have the "home field advantage", if say OB decide to work looking at the long term and takes decision that are not really good for the short term, the texans will have a mediocre year in 2014 and fans start booing every game at home, I think that has influence in the players performance.

Of course what we say here has no influence at all, but a general distrust could lead to a bad working environment.