View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014   #174
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 192752 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Potential Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Spikes is 26, playing for Patriots. Pretty good player.

Sounds like he was either a bit of a problem or not a coach's favorite:

Brandon Spikes eager to move on

edit: I remember this now, he posted a pic of his car stuck in snow & missed practice... Pats IR'd him. Pretty intelligent sounding guy, actually: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-a-fresh-start

Sure, but we have more needs than picks so it'd be good to fill a few with middle-of-the-road FAs if we can.
Oops... I looked up the wrong Spikes.

ESPN Insider eval...
Quote:
A thumper against the run, Spikes is among the most physical and violent downfield linebackers in the NFL. He is speed deficient and a liability in pass coverage, however, with some maturity and character concerns as well. Overall, he's an impact run-defender who is not suited to play in sub packages, which could lead to a reduced payday. He has never played every game in a season during his four-year career.
Sounds a lot like Sharpton to me.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote