View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014   #19
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331336 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The NFL Front Office Lying Season Is Just Getting Started

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
QBs get paid a helluva lot more today than they did in 2007 also.
I am not disputing that at all. What I am saying is I see no reason the structure, not the absolute dollar number, cannot be similar - around half of what a top 10 QB makes structured such that there is minimal impact in dead money to cut after 2 years, i.e. the signing bonus for a similar sized contract for an established QB divided into a signing bonus and a roster bonus in year 3 or something to achieve a similar result.