View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014   #18
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The NFL Front Office Lying Season Is Just Getting Started

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Do you have examples of trades for this proposition because that is a much different scenario than FA? In a trade they are going to get to start and a big raise before they otherwise would. Schaub could have been cut after two years with almost no ill effect.

I'll preempt Cassel. First he had a year of "proof" before being traded. Second the Chiefs structured his deal to eat up money so they could get up to spending the minimum amount.
Can't give any examples if it hasn't been done except the 2 times you mentioned in the last like 8 years. There's probably more, but I don't know them off the top of my head. Jay Cutler trade is probably too proven for this conversation. I guess you can also mention Whitehurst, but he was never nearly as regarded and was never able to overcome Matt Hasselbeck, but yeah, his contract sucked. I won't really use that for this though.

QBs get paid a helluva lot more today than they did in 2007 also. Flynn had 1 good game and cost $26/3, obviously they cut him though. My 4 year / 34 example had no guaranteed money structure for cutting him, but I doubt it would come punishment free if we cut him prior to year 3.

This is all just a what if scenario anyway though.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote