View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The NFL Front Office Lying Season Is Just Getting Started

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Either way, you're almost never going to get a young QB (with even a little bit of promise) to take a contract that basically spells out being cut with little blowback in year 3. IFF someone trades for and signs him, that team is gonna feel it. I envision a 4 year/34 million type deal. I repeat IFF someone trades for him.
Do you have examples of trades for this proposition because that is a much different scenario than FA? In a trade they are going to get to start and a big raise before they otherwise would. Schaub could have been cut after two years with almost no ill effect.

I'll preempt Cassel. First he had a year of "proof" before being traded. Second the Chiefs structured his deal to eat up money so they could get up to spending the minimum amount.