View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014   #210
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74252 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans' Cap space......and the rest of the League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Chapman View Post
Despite the "win now" mentality of McNair at the end of last year....my thoughts were to release Schaub. Renegotiate with Joseph. Let Graham walk. Retain OD and Manning. Take all possible dead money into the 2014 cap. Come out in 2015 with a good chunk of money available.
Seems like a good plan to me except I would let OD walk too if it gave me enough $$$$ to sign Soliai. That guy's a stud and would argurably help the team improve more than keeping OD. You can draft A.C. Leonard in the 5th and Najvar in the 7th and have a better TE group, plus get Soliai. Griffin looked like a reasonable replacement for OD last yr.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote