View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014   #16
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The NFL Front Office Lying Season Is Just Getting Started

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
What if you can get him for 1st overall money? Eric Fisher signed a 4 year deal for $22M last season. I wouldn't mind giving him something like that, with a fat roster bonus on year three.... $20M, making it a $44M contract, making it lucrative for him, but advantageous to us to cut him in year 3, with little blowback.

That only gives him two years to prove he is a starter, but we're going on his 4th NFL season.
My biggest problem is the pick. I have him valued at a mid 3rd player, right about where he was drafted, but we don't get those cheap years to mold him. The Patriots did, and he doesn't look much different than he did coming out.

Either way, you're almost never going to get a young QB (with even a little bit of promise) to take a contract that basically spells out being cut with little blowback in year 3. IFF someone trades for and signs him, that team is gonna feel it. I envision a 4 year/34 million type deal. I repeat IFF someone trades for him.

Who am I though, just a speculating guy. You might be right, who knows.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote