View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014   #198
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 245830 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans' Cap space......and the rest of the League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
OOPS! I forgot you cut Schaub who is NOW part of the 51 man roster. So subtracting Schaub leaves 5 players/contracts to sign and approx $8.5 million to do it with. And don't forget this includes 2013 practice squad and handful of other marginal players as part of the 2014 53 man roster.
How did we lose $4M by cutting Schaub when you already figured the money in?

Quote:
I'm saying with the 51 man roster Texans have approx $12 million to spend and this includes cutting Schaub as a June 1 cut.
I understand adding another head to the count, but you said cutting Schaub was already factored into the money. You're also cheating me on moving $7.5M to 2015, not 50% or $5M. So that's the original $12M you quoted after cutting Schaub plus $2.5M you cheated me & we have $14.5M

Quote:
and no your not good, you cut 6 players so you only have 45 players under contract.
We're still going to have depth issues, I'm not denying that. I wish we could spend $5M on every player we add like Indy can... but I agree we don't have the cap space to do that. We'll just have to find a way to get a lot out of cheap contracts the way they've done the past two years.

But we keep OD, we Keep Manning, we've got Brian Cushing coming back & we didn't have to cut Jjo..... so I'm still fielding a competent team with eight 1st & 2nd round picks & high dollar FAs.

We sign our first round pick for about $5M cap hit (your number) & the other 6 for about $3M, total of $8M leaving us $6M.

I don't expect us to be very active in FA.

But we can still & should cut Brice McCain & Derek Newton for another $2M. We can cut OD, we can get Andre, Jjo, Foster, & Myers to restructure if we have to..... not saying that we should, but if we have to.

Quote:
and you're still making it very difficult to re-sign JJ Watt.
Eh... not on my agenda to make him the highest paid defensive player in the league. I want to pay him well, but I want to win more. & overpaying does not help.