View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014   #14
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The NFL Front Office Lying Season Is Just Getting Started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
- Word out on the trade, info not coming out of NE, that Patriots wanted a 3rd rounder that would turn to a 2nd rounder based on Mallett's number of starts/production benchmarks with Houston. Along with a handshake agreement not to pursue Julian Edelman. Houston, in exchange, offered two 4ths, one completely conditional on playing benchmarks, and no promise at all regarding Edelman.

- Mallett would be seen as bridge QB1 with good upside and would have to take a team friendly extension, knows O'Brien and system. If trade doesn't work, still works as bait for Atlanta. New England plays along because it profiles Mallett for other potential trade opportunities. Possible win/win if Houston makes the trade and win/win if Houston doesn't.
This right here I would be down with no doubt. People think I hate Ryan Mallett because I don't want to give up a 2nd for the guy. Whatever. I'm NOT down to give up the #33 overall pick for a guy that hasn't done anything and is gonna demand starting QB money.

He hasn't impressed in preseason in 3 years and in regular season is 1/4 with 17 passing yards and an INT with -9 rushing yards in 3 years and was 'just OK' at his Pro Day THIS year. 4th rounders though? I can get down to this dance, we blow those all the time anyways.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote