View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014   #744
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 40576 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
I think the main point about mallet is that he already had 3 years learning the system, so we don't need to draft a guy and bench him 3 years to let him learn the system.

also, NE will try to trade him now not because they think he is useless but because they probably understand he won't be around next year when he turns FA. So, since they will lose him anyway, they might as well get something for him.

that said I think we can't possibly have more information than OB on the QBs that are available to us.

also, we should give him some trust, you don't want to be in cleveland's position (firing the HC after 1 year)

And I say this regardless of OB being the HC, if it was another guy I would have said the same.
Yeah, but we're talking about a system, not the system O'Brian is going to run. Frankly, we don't know what system OB is going to run, just as much as most of us hope that Crennel will finesse his two-gap 3-4 system to utilize a talent like Watt, the same way we're hoping OB doesn't run a somewhat vanilla system like he ran at Penn State. It's pretty close to obvious that OB would open up his Penn State profile to NFL standards, but to assume we're going to be the Petite Patriots is a little of a stretch at the moment.

About trust, though, I'm not sure how much fan trust is going to have any bearing on what the FO sees in O'Brian, any more than what we say or do has an affect on what happens on the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I didn't know either Cousins or McGloin were available. I do know our team inquired about Osweiler, who also wasn't "known" to be available. But that tells me they're looking.

If they're not looking at Cousins (who I don't like as much as Mallet, regardless how much he has played) or McGloin, I imagine there's a reason.
The fact is, we don't know. Just like everything has a price, so can a player be "bought." In the case of McGloin, it's pretty much been intimated by the Raider's FO that they'll deal either Pryor or McGloin. With Shanahan out of Washington Cousins' fate is a little less clear, where once it was obvious that Cousins was their ace in the hole.

Think about this, though: if it were not one of us mentioning Cousins or McGloin, but instead we'd heard it from news source, like the Osweiler bit, it would have it's own thread. Just like you alluded to, though; how much truth is there any of this. I'll give OB some credit, however, for playing things close to the vest.

This has only just begun.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote