View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014   #741
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 49584 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post

Outside of those two I agree. I don't think much of Mallett but I think he would be better than the rest of the QBs in this draft, regardless of what round...

... and I will stand behind whatever decisions he [O'Brian] makes until he proves that his judgment can't be trusted.
I baffles me how this thread has turned into a suck off for a guy like Ryan Mallett who hasn't taken any meaningful NFL snaps, plus all of this trust in OB, when trust (at least to me) has to be earned and not just granted, especially after Kubiak.

I'm not knocking you; and I've heard some good points about Mallett, but that this has turned into a Mallett thread when there's dudes with much more upside like Kirk Cousins who can be had for a draft pick (who has seen PLENTY of NFL action, by the way) and Matt McGloin who can also be had for a lower draft pick, after playing pretty well behind a crapola Raiders team. I won't fail to mention that McGloin was also OB's boy at Penn State, where they game planned together as Head Coach and starting QB. I can't help but to think there's a synergy there, over anybody else at the moment.

Anyway, look at this from a very simplistic angle: Give a 2nd for Kirk Cousins who was holed away to get a future draft pick and has played some damn good NFL ball, or give a 2nd for Ryan Mallett, who was also holed away for a draft pick, but has done little more than pass Bill O'Brian in the chow line?

I realize that Mallett is not your guy, specifically - you've said it - but I'm just saying that there are more logical options which to use our draft picks.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote