View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014   #730
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I appreciate your research.

Mallett is still better than any 1-1 QB in this draft at 2-1. 10-3 means he had to show some kind of leadership qualities. No offense to you, but if BOB wants Mallett he must have seen something in him that you don't. BOB's job is on the line. I trust his judgement regardless of which QB he selects. Maybe Mallett has matured and improved in these areas.

Maybe McNair is turned off by the way Mallett speaks and told BOB Mallett isn't Texans worthy. I knew McNair was going to find a way to get me to stop using the BoB moniker. LOL (Bill O'Brien)
I think Mallett is basically Bortles a few years down the road except that Bortles can win you a game in the fourth quarter and Mallett can't. I would take Bridgewater or Bortles at #1 before I would trade #33 for Mallett.

Outside of those two I agree. I don't think much of Mallett but I think he would be better than the rest of the QBs in this draft, regardless of what round you could get them in.

With that said, as soon as we fired Kubiak I said I wanted O'Brien to be our next coach. Never thought that would happen but it did. I think he will be an excellent coach and I will stand behind whatever decisions he makes until he proves that his judgment can't be trusted.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote