View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014   #694
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 381193 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Tk's point (I think) was that the Texans wouldn't have to pony up 2-1. That the Texans have all the leverage. No, they don't. If they really want Mallett, they would have to meet Belichick's price. The Pats don't have to deal Mallett. And I don't see why they would, unless they received at least a high 2nd, such as the Texans, Browns, Raiders, or Jags.

Another option would be trade out of 1-1, and use some of those picks to deal for Mallett. If the Falcons have a pre-draft deal with Rams if Clowney is on the board, wouldn't they also be willing to move up to 1-1? The Texans could take a Jake Matthews at 1-6, deal the Falcons 2nd rounder to New England for Mallett, and still have 2-1. And while Mallett isn't necessarily a statue, he needs good protection. Drafting a very good pass blocking OT would make a lot of sense.
Now you know I like this scenario.
A lot.
We get a good OT, O'Brien gets a QB he already knows, and if Ford is still around we can grab him - or the best pass rusher on the board - with our 2-1 and improve the defense.

...dammit Lucky, you now have me salivating.