View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014   #688
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?! - [edit] Mallett?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...with-no-1-pick
And of course, in Crennel's 2-gap 34, it's the LB's who are the primary pass rushers, not the DE's.

The question which was posed to me earlier as I was developing my defense centric mock is, if Clowney is projected to the Elephant, how do we utilize Mercilus? Do we just jettison our 2012 #26 pick. Granted, he has not performed to expectations, but we have no idea, as of now, how well he would adapt to Crennel's defense. You usually don't abandon this high of a pick after only two seasons without extremely good cause.

So is Clowney projected to DE and if so, he probably won't produce the high sack totals justifying Gil Brandt's analysis. Or is he projected to the strong side OLB position, right along side JJ, which I suggested earlier this past week. If this were the case, could he cover the RB and TE responsibilities in the flat routes?

If we were to trade for Mallet, then the decision to draft Clowney, or Mack, would come down to Crennel having a strong vision how the pieces will fit into his defense. At at this point in time, we have no idea what he has in mind. It's nothing but conjecture on our part.
Mercilus isn't a good enough football player to justify his draft status. I would move on from him. He symbolizes everything that was wrong with the last regime. I would try to trade Mercilus for a 3rd/4th rd pick to make up for some of the equity loss of the trade for Mallett.

It's time to move on from the past.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote