View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014   #4
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock Version 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
First off outstanding work. Now onto the show....

Jackson was already signed by the Colts so he's off the board. However, if you sign Phillips as an OLB then you can kick Reed inside and cover that. I really like your theory with Soliai and Bryant. That's intriguing.

I would be shocked if we signed that many FA's and slightly surprised if we were that aggressive with cuts. That doesn't fit the MO of Smith/McNair. I really like the draft although Najvar does nothing for me. Plenty of other TE's available at that point though. The other thing would be Ward & Jean-Baptiste. Ward can play either FS or SS, but with Swearinger already in the fold he would play FS. Jean-Baptiste is a project CB and more likely a FS. That would mean you have us taking 2 FS and 0 CB's. Perhaps take JB off the board and slot in a CB, preferably one who could work the slot to replace McCain. Just a thought.
Thanks for the feedback!

Sadly Red Bryant has already put together an agreement to sign with Jacksonville, so there goes that idea.

I disagree with your assessment of Baptiste. I see him as a CB in the mold of a Richard Sherman type CB(without the mouth.) He has lateral movement, recovery speed, can play man/press or zone. He showed those skills on the field at Nebraska, at the Senior Bowl, and in individual drills at the combine. While I do agree he needs some more coaching and seasoning, I do think he has the ability to stay at CB.

I can understand your concern about Navjar. My interest in him is that he was a blocking TE first and primarily at Baylor. O'Brien has passcatchers but not necessarily a master blocker. One thing people sometimes forget about Gronk is that it is not only his ability in receiving that makes him so dangerous, it is his ability to block too. Navjar is a guy who can potentially be a plus blocker and good to very good pass catcher.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote