View Single Post
Old 03-08-2014   #153
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Texans' Cap space......and the rest of the League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
You, me, we will never likely agree on salary cap management. If we both had Salary Cap Credit Cards, I pay mine in full each billing cycle. You on the other hand would not only max out your credit limit but would also finesse and finagle ways to exceed your credit limit much the way the Texans currently have done. You would then pay the minimum payment plus any amounts over your credit limit. Therefore each new year, I will have more available credit and considerably more $$$ to spend while your credit card is still maxed out and you're still making the minimum payment.
& the way you're talking about paying minimum amount & exceeding my limit... that only makes sense (fits this application) if we're paying for players who are no longer here. We aren't.

Every dime we spent in 2013 went to players who are on the roster (IR included).

If we cut Schaub & push the dead money (which is what I want to do) it would be a rare moment in Rick Smiths tenure, if not the first time.

I wanted to extend Antonio Smith last offseason instead of paying him $8M. Convert that salary into a signing bonus & lock him up for the next three years. Back load the contract & cut him with very little cap implication 4 or 5 years from now. That's not "mortgaging the future" if you believe Antonio has 3 good years left.