Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014   #2713
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
IMO, the only thing he "did" that would raise eyebrows off the field, was taking money for his autograph. He argued it down, was suspended for half a game, blah, blah, blah...

makes it seem like it's all about the money. This... makes it seem like it's all about the money. It's not like he had to leave school early so he could take care of his parents. It's not like he's married with kids of his own needing his support.

I wouldn't have a problem if it were Bridgewater, Bortles, or even McCarron who signed a dieal at this time. But Manziel is in a situation where this question was raised.
Just because you have money doesn't mean you don't have the right to pursue more, taking other people's stories into consideration when evaluating an individual is wack IMO.

What if someone poorer or in more need of a job applies for the same job you do, but they chose you for the job? Would you forfeit the job that you also need because they need it more? Hell no, this is America, Nike will find someone else if Manziel waits and has a bad scenario play out.

It's a smart move for Manziel. I'd be willing to bet that Nike scouts don't know as much as NFL scouts and if Manziel drops to pick #24 as Andy Dalton's backup then his earning power is now a fraction of what it was.

I would ink any deal as quickly as possible. His earning power now is greater than I foresee it ever being again.