View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014   #349
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 71306 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Matt Schaub gives Texans best chance to win in 2014" -Marshall Faulk

Alright guys, I apologize for being apart of hijacking this part of the thread. Wasn't my intention but it happened and I will get it back on track...

Why Matt Schaub does NOT give the Texans the best chance to win in 2014?

IMO, Matt Schaub is incapable of making quick, rational decisions. Correct me if I am wrong, but O'Brien's offense is a quick, hurry up offense that needs fast, quick decisions at the line. Who is the Mike, what is the blitz, so on a so forth.

Matt Schaub, for 8 years, has show is inability to run a successful 2 minute offense, to the point Kubiak would rather sit on the ball than have Schaub make a mistake. Is that more Kubiak being scared, or him not trusting his QB in pressure situations?

O'Brien's offense, for the most part, is a 2 minute drill for the entire game. So a rational theory would be if Matt Schaub can't even execute a successful 2 minute drill, what makes you think he could do it for 60 min?

Now people can quote experts and former players and such, but I have, as may other fans have, watched Matt Schaub for 8 years. Every snap, every throw, every mistake, for 8 years. Do you really think those experts, put pedigree aside, have truly watch as much of Matt Schaub as Houston Texan fans? I would venture to say no. Many of those experts are basing that Houston starts a rookie QB, not named Andrew Luck, RG3 or Russell Wilson, or goes with Keenum or Yates, being that Matt Schaub is a 10 year Vet, of course they will say he gives them the best chance. However it isn't because Schaub is a good QB, it's because there are no other option on the table for the Texans, or the options that are available are worse than Schaub...

I have seen enough of Bill O'Brien's offense to have a very good feeling in saying, based on what I have seen for 8 years, Matt Schaub cannot run his offense efficiently to win games.

Does that make me or anybody else an expert? Well what is your definition of expert. We all have watched Matt Schaub for 8 years, but we never played in the NFL, so why wouldn't a fan know more about Matt Schaub than someone who has seen clips and highlights here and there?
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote