Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014   #2703
jradMIT
Veteran

Rep Power: 7556 jradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respectedjradMIT is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts290 View Post
Nope. What most people don't understand is for logical and rational Aggies like myself and Htown, seeing this smear campaign and assassination on Manziel's character is absolutely sickening.

Being on the front lines of one of the biggest media harassment's of a college athlete is something that people outside of Aggieland will just never get. If you were sitting in our shoes and saw what we saw up close and personal, you would have a totally different view.

And please don't confuse the above with some irrational agenda for Manziel to become a Texan just because he also played for my alma mater. That is not it at all. I do not personally feel Manziel is the right choice for us at 1.1 nor do I think he is the best QB in this draft...

What I do feel strongly about is how all these sheeple have succumb to the E!SPN hype once again and now view Manziel as some lazy, drunkard, self absorbed, prima donna who never gave two **** about anything but himself. Which is 100% incorrect.

It hurts to see a kid who did so much for your school get berated and belittled by a bunch of worthless morons with a macbook and a blog.

Very few people want to talk about his merit as an actual football player. Instead everyone wants diss him for things like simply going to a charity even and putting on a shirt with his name on the back.

Sorry, but seeing this just pisses me off so much because how the media has pigeoned holed Manziel is just a sad microcosm of how our society today allows their televisions and phones dictate their perception of a person character...A person they have never once met in their entire life.

This is why I don't ******* with ESPN. Its more MTV than sports. They are the original TMZ sports. Its all about eyeballs, they need more and similar to the Tebow thing, they know Manziel brings viewers who aren't necessarily into the game or the x's and o's. So they are going to give you Manziel outside of the lines as much as possible. Look Johny did this or that, then they'll have two talking heads debate over whether something he did or said can be completely construed left or completely construed right. We all need to realize that the dedicated sports fans matter little, they've got you looking and watching already, they need to create a buzz so that people who wouldn't know a nickel from a dime will watch.