View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014   #5
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Greg Peshek: RB Metrics 1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Starting to be phased out? Not sure if I agree with that.

Eddie Lacy was just the Rookie of the year last year.
Look at the rushing leaders from last year. Of the 13 RB's who rushed for 1,000+ yards, only 1 (Lacy) weighed over 220 lbs. Hyde weighed in at 230 at the Combine. The only RB's in the top 20 in rushing that are close to his size were Lacy, Zac Stacy, and Le'Veon Bell.

I'm not saying that Hyde will not be successful or that Sankey will be more successful. I'm just saying, the trend at RB in the NFL has switched to smaller and more versatile guys over the recent years. IMO, that's the reason why people seem higher on Sankey than Hyde.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote