View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014   #325
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Selection 1.11: JJ Watt DE Wisconson

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
At the time the conversation was "no one" was worth that kind of money. Which is what I believed then, & believe today.
That was part of the conversation by some. I think more people thought Bills money was too much for him.

Quote:
So..... how much would you offer Jj Watt?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Whatever it takes to keep him in a Texans uniform.

He's one of McNair's "legacy" players. Andre Johnson is the other one.
DB nailed it. Barring an injury JJ will be made the highest paid DE in football at the time of signing of his contract just as AJ has been the highest paid WR at the signing of two of his contracts. How much that is exactly I don't know. We have leverage to wait if we want (thereby minimizing the risk of injury not dollars). Now is not the offseason to do it with limited cap room and big jumps coming in future years. No point in spending all this year's cap room on a currently locked up asset thus limiting other chances to improve the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I'd guess he winds up costing about 14 million APY (5 years 70m), but if they spread out the signing bonus over his 5th year of his rookie deal, they can reduce the future cap hit a little.
I think that is about where the apy will end up.

Not sure what you are talking about on the 5th year rookie deal. Signing bonus can't be prorated over more than 5 years but that may not be what you are suggesting.